CHARLIE GARD'S parents said their new baby would visit his big brother's grave as his first outing.
Speaking on the third anniversary of Charlie's death on Tuesday,eight-months-pregnant Connie Yates, 34, and fiancé Chris Gard, 35, from west London, said they were so excited about the arrival of his little brother next month.
"Rest assured, Charlie, all being well our first outing with him as a family will be to visit you and introduce you to your little bro!" they wrote on their Facebook page for The Charlie Gard Foundation.
"I’m sure it will be beautiful and bittersweet at the same time but I know you’ll be looking after us all from the sky, like you always are."
Charlie Gard's fight for life touched the world.
The tot had a disease called mitochondrial DNA depletion syndrome, as both of his parents Connie and Chris were unknowingly carrying the faulty gene.
On Friday, July 28 2017, his mum said the little boy had lost his battle with the illness.
Then, earlier this year, she announced she was pregnant again – and happily the baby is healthy.
On Tuesday she told how for the first outing the new baby would visit Charlie's final resting place: "Today marks three years since our whole world came crashing down when our beloved little Charlie lost his fight with mitochondrial disease," she said.
"Three years on and the pain still feels just as raw as it was back then.
"Grief never leaves you, you just learn to somehow live with it. Where there is deep grief, there is deep love. And my God do we love you Charlie!
"And as we now patiently and excitedly await the arrival of your little brother, I can’t help but cast my mind back to the day you were born and the sheer joy and elation felt by the whole family.
"I simply refuse to remember the day you had to leave us, it makes me feel sick every time I think of it.
"The day you were born was the most beautiful and magical day of our lives from start to finish. And we feel so blessed and so privileged that we get to experience that magic all over again with your little brother."
She added: "We will never stop loving you Charlie, never. You will always be our baby boy no matter what. And thank you for the memories, they are etched in our minds forever. Love you baby boy, now and forever."
Charlie's legal fight captured the world after doctors at Great Ormond Street Hospital had said Charlie should be allowed to die with dignity and applied for permission to have his ventilator switched off.
But his parents fought determinedly against this decision – raising more than £1.3million to pay for pioneering treatment in the US.
They eventually ended the fight for treatment because "time has run out", admitting that they didn't expect him to live to see his first birthday.
Charlie's parents continually clashed with lawyers throughout the case, erupting in fury when Great Ormond Street doctors tried to ban them from key meetings discussing the ill tot’s health and care.
On July 19, Dr Michio Hirano failed to convince Great Ormond Street medics that his experimental treatment offers a lifeline to little Charlie.
Connie burst into tears and dad Chris shouted "evil" on July 21, 2017, after a lawyer representing Great Ormond Street said a new MRI scan on Charlie makes for "very sad reading".
Mr Justice Francis was due to consider all the evidence on July 24 and expected to make a final decision on Charlie's fate on July 25.
But it was announced on July 24 that Charlie's parents were ending their legal fight and had withdrawn their application from the High Court.
Their barrister Grant Armstrong told the court: "This case is now about time. Sadly time has run out."
Grief never leaves you, you just learn to somehow live with it. Where there is deep grief, there is deep love. And my God do we love you Charlie!
Mr Armstrong said Charlie's parents had made a decision following the latest medical reports and scans, adding that damage to the tot's muscle and tissue was irreversible.
In the wake of the European Court of Human Rights' decision not to allow the parents to intervene in their child's case, Donald Trump waded into the controversy.
The President said he would be "delighted" to help the tot, as a US hospital offered to ship an experimental drug to the UK to save him.
The Pope declared that he wanted to give baby Charlie Gard a Vatican passport to move him to an Italian hospital.
After he died on July 28, a week before his first birthday, it was revealed that Charlie would be buried along with his two favourite cuddly monkeys.
Meanwhile, this is the moment Connie told how she was expecting a new baby – a brother for Charlie.
Source: Read Full Article