A SHOE whizz has revealed how you can keep your favourite trainers looking brand new.
Trainers can be an absolute headache to clean, especially if the material makes them not suitable for a quick and easy wash in the machine.
Luckily, there are ways to keep them in a pristine condition, according to one sneaker enthusiast, from the USA, who goes by @where_Kev_At on TikTok.
The streetwear fan, who regularly shares trendy sneaker finds and shopping hauls, took it social media to share his expertise and favourite cleaning hacks.
''If can't buy your insoles and you're like me, what you're gonna do is you're gonna take some tape.
''You're gonna cover whichever part of the insole you wanna cover.''
read more fashion stories
I got the viral Zara dress & it looks just as good on a size 14 as a size 8
I’m plus size & ordered a haul from Pretty Little Thing – it was a disaster
He went on to explain: ''This is gonna keep your insoles fresh for years and it's gonna last a lifetime – trust me.''
Whilst for most people the state of the sole is of little importance, die-hard sneaker fans know how essential it is to keep the bottom of the trainers squeaky clean.
''Next, we're talking about soles. Now, I have a pair of sole protectors on these 11s [Nike Jordan 11] and honestly, you can tell how much dirt and stuff would've gone on the sole if I didn't have it.
''I like to keep my pairs fresh cause look what happens if you don't; look, eww,'' Kev said whilst zooming in a dirty shoe full of marks.
Most read in Fabulous
I get slut shamed for giving myself a glow-up
I'm an Aldi worker – here's a hack for getting high things off shelves
Primark fans are going wild as it brings back a popular 90s trend
Major change could see parents not having to do the school run any more
''It's normal – but eww.''
Nothing can make an outfit break like a lingering smell coming from your footwear – and luckily, there are ways to keep them fresh without spraying expensive perfume.
FABULOUS BINGO: Get a £20 bonus & 30 free spins when you spend £10 today
For this, the whizz advised, grab some dryer sheets and put them inside the trainer.
This simple hack will get rid of any nasty odours and make the shoes smell nice.
With more than a whopping 1.7million views, the clip has gone viral on the social media giant and has seen many share their thoughts.
One person commented: ''1st lowkey smart if you plan on reselling them in the future.''
Another penned: ''YOOOOO THANK YOU FOR THE LAST ONE.''
However, there were also plenty of those who thought Kev had taken his obsession with sneakers too far.
''they are just shoes lmao,'' said one user.
Read More on The Sun
Warning to parents who drive kids to school… see if yours is on list
Woman left in hysterics as Asda provide useless substitute for pregnancy test
Someone else was wondering: ''What's the point of wearing a shoe then.''
A third agreed: ''defeats the whole purpose of shoes, y’all actin like it’s a investment.''
Cleaning hacks and tips
Here are some tips to help you clean your home like a pro:
- How to clean your washing machine in a few easy steps
- Keep on top of cleaning your oven regularly
- Clean your shower to ensure it's always sparkling
- How to clean your microwave using cheap household items
- Here's how to get rid of that nasty limescale in your kettle
- You're cleaning your carpet all wrong – here's how to get it spotless again in no time
- Unblock a toilet without a plunger
- Clean your fabric or leather sofa in a few easy steps
- If you haven't cleaned your mattress in ages, here's how
- Steps to cleaning your dishwasher to leave it looking brand new
- This is how to clean mirrors and windows without streaking
- Keep your toilet clean in four easy steps
- Give your TV screen a once-over
- Did you know your Venetian, Roman, vertical, or roller blinds also need cleaning?
- Deep-clean your fridge in five simple steps
Source: Read Full Article