This is the home video which every parent needs to watch – as it saved the life of a mum's little girl.
Jade Rodford, 30, said doctors thought her daughter Ella, 5, had a severe cold when she fell ill.
But sensing something was wrong, Jade recorded a 20 second clip of her baby girl which showed doubting doctors she had all the signs of deadly sepsis.
The mum-of-two from Gravesend, Kent, said: "The video saved her life, 100%. I had an instinct that something wasn't right.
"Without that video I was just coming into hospital with a normal child with a high temperature.
"But the video showed the full extent of what was going on and how serious it was.
"If I hadn't taken the video they would have sent me home and Ella wouldn't be here."
Sepsis is a deadly condition in which the body's immune system produces an overactive and toxic response to an infection.
Jade said Ella had been ill for a number of days before she began to deteriorate.
She said: "Ella had a few colds one after the other, she'd been unwell for a while.
"I took her to the GP who said she seemed fine.
"I dropped her at my mum's.
"After five minutes my mum called me and said you need to come home, Ella can't breathe and has turned blue.
"Luckily I was nearby but when I got home she looked terrible.
"Her temperature was really high."
Despite going back and forth to hospital, Jade said Ella only appeared to display the symptoms of the condition when she was at home.
Jade decided to take a quick clip of her baby girl which showed her skin turning pot-marked and purple.
She said: "Ella didn't seem normal, something was wrong.
"I left it a little while and rang 111 in the afternoon and said she didn't seem well at all.
"The operator said she didn't warrant having an ambulance round but said bring her into A&E.
"I felt like I was wasting their time.
"I took her in and medics and the doctor said she had had some seizures."
But Jade said medics quickly changed tack when she showed them her video of Ella.
Jade said: "I took a video and said 'Can I show you this?' A doctor saw the video with three of her colleagues.
"As soon as they saw that the medics decided to take her in.
"The video showed her shallow breathing and the purple, red and white skin, mottle skin."
Ella was quickly rushed into a treatment suite and was later diagnosed with sepsis within hours in November 2014.
The brave tot was hooked up to intravenous drugs and spent twelve days in hospital where she was gravely ill.
Jade said: "She was OK, she gradually got her strength back but it was very, very scary."
She added: "I'm releasing the video now because I came across it recently and just thought 'every parent should see this'.
"Everyone needs to know what to look for. I knew something was wrong with my daughter but I didn't know what – hopefully some good can come out of something horrendous happening to my daughter.
"If I hadn't taken that video there's no way Ella would be here."
Source: Read Full Article