Although government restrictions will ease slightly for five days over Christmas, the festive period is still looking very different this year.
More people than ever will be relying on the postal service to send gifts and cards to let their loved ones know they are thinking of them.
Whether you are sending a Christmas card or a gift, you should allow plenty of time for posting.
Especially this year, Royal Mail will be busier than ever trying to make sure everyone’s parcels arrive on time.
Royal Mail have urged customers to “please post items and gifts for Christmas early, particularly for International deliveries”.
A notice on the Royal Mail website continues: “Ongoing Covid restrictions, reduced air and freight capacity, high volumes and winter weather conditions are all impacting transportation and local delivery across the globe”.
In order to help you further, Royal Mail has also shared the latest recommended posting dates for your letters, cards and parcels to arrive in time for Christmas.
Asda shoppers spot adorable Elf on the Shelf sleepsuits on shelves for just £3
Here are all the dates you need to now.
- Friday December 18 – 2nd Class and 2nd Class Signed for
- Monday December 21 – 1st Class and 1st Class Signed For and Royal Mail Tracked 48
- Tuesday December 22 – Royal Mail Tracked 24
- Wednesday December 23 – Special Delivery Guaranteed
If you’re posting internationally, the latest date depends on the country you are sending to.
Boots extends opening hours of more than 300 stores in lead-up to Christmas
Below are the dates for International Standard and International tracking and signature services.
- Friday December 4 – Australia and New Zealand
- Wednesday December 9 – Africa, Asia, Caribbean, Central and
- South America, Far and Middle East
- Tuesday December 10 – Canada, Cyprus, Malta
- Friday December 11 – Greece, Eastern Europe (except Czech Republic, Poland and Slovakia) and Turkey
- Saturday December 12 – Czech Republic, Finland, Italy, Poland, Sweden, USA
- Wednesday December 16 – Austria, Denmark, Germany, Iceland, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland
- Friday December 18 – Belgium, France, Ireland, Luxembourg
To find out more visit the Royal Mail website.
Source: Read Full Article