Transfer news LIVE: Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool, Spurs, Juventus and Real Madrid latest updates

THE transfer window is almost here as clubs look to freshen up their squads going into a packed second half of the season.

All Europe's top leagues are currently experiencing competitive title races meaning there's plenty of work to be done among the big guns.

Get all the latest transfer news, gossip and updates here…

  • Jake Lambourne

    PHIL ME IN

    Phil Foden is reportedly growing frustrated by his lack of minutes for Manchester City amid transfer interest from Real Madrid.

    The 20-year-old has made just one start in the Premier League since the 1-0 win over Arsenal in mid-October.

    Real Madrid have been linked with a swoop for Foden, with the Mirror claiming Bernabeu bosses believe they have a chance of luring the playmaker away from the Etihad due to his lack of league action.

    But the England international is reportedly committed to City and sees his long-term future at his boyhood club.

    Foden, under contract until the summer of 2024, is eager to show his worth but has faith in his working relationship with Guardiola.

  • Jake Lambourne

    IT'LL COST YA

    Wantaway Diego Costa could face a £23MILLION penalty if Atletico agree to rip up the striker's contract and he joins Real Madrid or Barcelona.

    The ex-Spain and Chelsea star, 32, reportedly wants his deal, ending next summer, terminated early for "personal reasons".

    But if Costa does depart the LaLiga leaders in the January transfer window, joining an elite rival might hit him in the pocket.

    Spanish radio station Cadena Cope claim he would need to pay Atletico 25m euros (around  £23m) in the unlikely event of him joining one of three big LaLiga rivals – Real, Barcelona or Sevilla.

    They also say he would need to hand over 5m euros (£4.54m) if a different "Champion team" signed him.

    And to link up with any other club, it is understood Costa would still have to pay 3.2m euros (£2.9m).

  • Jake Lambourne

    LUK WHO’S KEEN

    Wolves reportedly face competition from AC Milan for Real Madrid striker Luka Jovic.

    Jovic has emerged as an option for Nuno Espirito Santo, but Milan also fancy the Bernabeu flop as cover for Zlatan Ibrahimovic, according to AS.

    However The Athletic previously reported that the Spanish giants will only loan him out if there is a permanent agreement in place, and a £55million price tag is likely to be beyond Wolves’ budget.

    The interest remains though, as Wolves hunt attacking reinforcements while Raul Jimenez recovers from fracturing his skull last month.

  • Jake Lambourne

    WIL I NEVER

    EXCLUSIVE – AC Milan are chasing Wilfried Zaha in January and believe the Crystal Palace star can fire them to a first title in ten years.

    The Italian giants, currently top of Serie A, are looking to add more firepower as they bid to win a first Scudetto since 2010-11.

    Milan see Zaha, 28, as a great addition to a squad that could potentially end Juventus' nine-year supremacy in Serie A.

    The Rossoneri are said to have been impressed with his switch to the centre and his goal record, especially given the relative lack of service he has received.

    They are not concerned with his age, instead seeing a player in his prime and ready to contribute immediately.

    AC Milan view Ivory Coast international Zaha as the missing piece of the puzzle, but while interest from the Italian club is strong, any potential deal is in its very early stages.

  • Jake Lambourne

    SOL-DIER ON

    Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has heaped praise on striker Edison Cavani, suggesting a second season at Old Trafford could be on the cards.

    Although £200,000-a-week Cavani will see his contract run out at the end of the season, United have an option for a second season and it looks likely they will move to keep him at the club.

    Solskjaer, preparing for Tuesday’s home clash with Wolves, said: “At the moment it looks like he has a few years left in him.

    “He has been a great influence and had a great impact. Let’s just focus on improving everyone as well but he has a few years left in him.

    “He is a meticulous profesional. His habits and everything he does shows you about why he has had the career he has had.

    “He is still one of the fittest players we have got.”

  • Jake Lambourne

    JANUARY SALES

    Arsenal are set to continue their radical squad overhaul when the January transfer window opens.

    A surprisingly busy summer saw several stars arrive with comparatively few first-teamers departing.

    Next month will see a concerted effort to trim the squad of the high-earning players who have not had a look in under Arteta.

    According to The Athletic, sporting director Edu Gaspar is charged with finding new clubs for these unwanted reserves.

    Not only have they cost the Gunners financially, some outcasts are reportedly causing dressing room divides over their treatment.

    Here, SunSport names seven players who could be moved on in January.

    Click HERE to see who could depart.

  • Jake Lambourne

    SPURRED ON

    Jose Mourinho is reportedly looking to reunite with Sergio Ramos as the Tottenham boss looks to sign the Real Madrid defender on a free transfer.

    The 34-year-old – who played under the Special One for three seasons between 2010-2013 – is in the final year of his contract at the Bernabeu.

    According to the Evening Standard, Spurs have emerged as a possible destination for the ex-Sevilla star.

    They state that Mourinho is keeping tabs on the player's situation at Madrid.

    The news outlet reports that the former Chelsea gaffer wants a centre-back in the mould of Thiago Silva.

    Should they fail to bring Ramos to North London, Tottenham could then reignite their interest in Inter Milan ace Milan Skriniar.

  • Giacomo Pisa

    HAMMERS TARGET KING

    West Ham may dip into the loan market in January to sign a striker to provide cover for Michail Antonio.

    Josh King is a possible option for David Moyes, with the Bournemouth striker's contract expiring at the end of the season.

    The Cherries are reportedly willing to accept a six month loan fee, or the Hammers could hold out until the summer when King becomes a free agent.

  • Giacomo Pisa

    NO POCH PROBLEM

    Lionel Messi's Barcelona future will not depend on Mauricio Pochettino taking charge of Paris Saint-Germain, according to Ronald Koeman.

    The Argentine – out of contract at the end of the season – has a host of suitors after failing to force an exit from the Nou Camp last summer.

    Speaking after Messi gave a wide-ranging interview on his future to La Sexta, Koeman said: "I do not know if it is true about Pochettino to PSG. If Messi decides his future, it will not depend on a coach.

    "I did not see the interview live, but I have seen it. I have always been calm with Messi and I will not be calmer because he said that he will decide at the end of the season.

    "We'll see what can happen. I appreciate Messi's words because he is a very important player for the club and for football. Anyone likes to speak well of oneself. I'm still the same. I try to move the team forward, it is a year of transition and Messi is key to this process."

    Credit: Reuters
  • Giacomo Pisa

    WEST BROM EYE WINDASS

    New West Brom boss Sam Allardyce is reportedly looking to the Championship for an attacker to help fire his side to Premier League safety.

    According to the Daily Record, 26-year-old Sheffield Wednesday forward Josh Windass is being closely monitored by the Baggies, as well as Bournemouth and Waford.

    It certainly isn't the most glamorous of signings, but Windass has scored four goals and registered two assists this season, and would be available for as little as £400,000.

    With West Brom needing all the help they can get to stay in the division, and the deal costing little, the transfer would make sense.

  • Giacomo Pisa

    MISSION MILIK

    Arkadiusz Milik is reportedly the man Atletico Madrid want to replace Diego Costa, who has requested for his contract to be terminated.

    AS report that Milik is top of Diego Simeone's wish list as support for summer arrival Luis Suarez.

    Milik's contract at Napoli expires in the summer, meaning Atletico could sign Milik for the cut-price fee of just £9million.

    26-year-old Milik has bagged 38 goals in 93 Serie A games for Napoli, and has also played 56 times for Poland.

    Credit: Getty Images – Getty
  • Giacomo Pisa

    EMI TO THE EMIRATES?

    Emiliano Buendia is a name that has been repeatedly linked with the Gunners in recent months.

    And now it seems a deal for Buendia may finally be done in January as an alternative to top target Houssem Aouar.

    The Norwich man is available for a much smaller fee than Aouar, and already possesses Premier League experience.

    Last season, Buendia ranked second – behind only Kevin De Bruyne – in terms of key passes per 90 minutes (3.3).

    Reports suggest Buendia will be available for as little as £15million, with strong interest from the Emirates in the Argentinian playmaker.

  • Giacomo Pisa

    POTTER WANTS WATTERS

    Brighton boss Graham Potter is reportedly keen to land Crawley Town star man Max Watters.

    21-year-old Watters joined League Two Crawley in October after being released by Doncaster, and has scored sixteen goals in seventeen games since then.

    His terrific form has caught the eye of Seagulls boss Graham Potter, as well as West Brom, and Championship high flyers Watford and Swansea.

  • Giacomo Pisa

    FIKAYO ON THE GO

    Earlier this month it was reported that Rennes was the most likely destination for out of favour Chelsea centre back Fikayo Tomori.

    The move was likely to be just a loan deal, but now reports suggest that West Ham are eyeing a permanent deal for Tomori.

    The 23-year-old rejected a move to West Ham in the summer, but a lack of game time so far this season could force him to re-think, with Hammers fans desperate to land a defender in January.

    Credit: Getty Images – Getty
  • Giacomo Pisa

    SEND FOR SANSON

    Marseille midfielder Morgan Sanson is reportedly on Mikel Arteta’s radar as an alternative to Houssam Aouar and Julian Brandt.

    According to Le 10 Sport, Marseille have received an offer from an unnamed Premier League club for the signature of the 26-year-old Frenchman.

    Arsenal were previously linked with Sanson in the summer, and are crying out for a midfielder to help drag them away from the Premier League relegation zone.

    Sanson’s versatility is useful, as he is able to be deployed as both a holding midfielder and in the more advanced number eight role.

    AC Milan, Wolves, Newcastle and West Ham are also reportedly keen on Sanson, with transfermarkt valuing him at around £20million.

    Credit: REUTERS
  • Giacomo Pisa

    HAMMERS WANT HENRY

    West Ham are reportedly keen on signing Brentford left back Rico Henry.

    The Athletic report that West Ham decided against a bid for Henry in the summer, but could make their move in January.

    Henry has established himself as one of the Championship's top left backs over the last couple of seasons, and it is unsurprising that Premier League sides are starting to take notice of him.

    The 23-year-old would be the second player to swap the Bees for West Ham in under a year, after Said Benhrama's switch from West to East London in the summer.

  • Giacomo Pisa

    BATTLE FOR BOUBACAR

    Manchester United and Barcelona are set to battle it out for the signature of Marseille’s Boubacar Kamara.

    The Express report that Marseille President Pablo Longoria has revealed 21-year-old Frenchman Kamara could be sold if the right offer is made.

    Kamara can play in both central midfield and central defence, with United keen to shore up at the back, as well as provide cover for the injury hit Victor Lindelof.

    Barcelona are also interested in a long term replacement for Gerard Pique, meaning a bidding war between the clubs could be on the cards.

    Credit: AP:Associated Press
  • Giacomo Pisa

    SPURS SENDING FOR SABITZER

    Marcel Sabitzer could be on his way to Spurs, according to BILD.

    BILD are reporting that midfielder Sabitzer is eager to make the move to North London, with the versatile Sabitzer top of Jose Mourinho's wish list.

    Spurs are winless in their last four Premeir League games, after talk was starting of a Premier Leagye challenge from Mourinho's men.

    The arrival of Sabitzer in January could give Spurs the boost they need to turn things around in the league.

  • Giacomo Pisa

    VILLANS EYE VECINO

    Aston Villa are reportedly keen on Inter Milan midfielder Matias Vecino, according to Calcio Mercato.

    West Ham united are also interested in the 29-year-old Uruguayan who played five games for his country at the 2018 World Cup.

    Vecino has made 79 games for Antonio Conte's side, but has not featured yet this season after requiring surgery on a knee injury.

    However Vecino is reportedly close to making a return, with Aston Villa and West Ham keen to bring him to the Premier League.

  • Giacomo Pisa

    MBAP TO SQUARE ONE

    Gareth Bale's inconsistent form at Tottenham could scupper Real Madrid's summer transfer plans, according to reports.

    Kylian Mbappe and Erling Haaland are just two of the names linked to the Spanish giants as they formulate a mega spending spree.

    But a number of factors are said to be crucial to allowing such a splurge, with one important point on Real's to-do list being cutting down the club's large wage bill.

    Among the highest-earners is Bale, whose £650,000-a-week wages are being largely subsidised by Madrid during his Tottenham loan.

    Allowing the 31-year-old to head back to North London was thought to be the best way of him recovering form and earning a permanent move in the upcoming windows.

    However, his inconsistent displays and injury problems have left Real worried that he will return in the summer without a buyer, according to Spanish outlet AS.

    Credit: Getty Images – Getty
  • Giacomo Pisa

    IRON CLAD

    David Moyes is hoping West Ham will reward Declan Rice for his fine form this term with an improved contract.

    The England international has continued to excel for the Hammers, despite uncertainty over his future.

    Since the summer, the 21-year-old has been linked with a move to Chelsea – where he started out as a youth product.

    And the Blues are expected to make an offer for Rice as they aim to build a side capable of challenging for the Premier League title.

    But Irons boss Moyes would like his board to give his talented central midfielder new terms on his deal to fend off any interest, according to the Daily Mail.

    Credit: AFP
  • Giacomo Pisa

    ORIGI AN OPTION

    Divock Origi is another option that Wolves are considering, but AC Milan's cross city rivals Inter are also in the race for Origi's signature.

    Corriere Dello Sport report Antonio Conte is eager for competition for Romelu Lukaku, with Lukaku's Belgium teammate Origi high on Conte's wish list.

    Champions League and Premier League winner Origi has played a combined total of eight minutes in the Premier League this season, with the arrival of Diogo Jota limiting Origi's game time at Anfield.

    Origi's limited minutes on the pitch could push him towards the exit door, especially with Origi eager to earn a place in Belgium's 2021 Euros squad.

    Credit: PA:Press Association
  • Giacomo Pisa

    ALONSO’S OFF

    Marcos Alonso is edging closer to the exit door at Stamford Bridge, with a six month loan deal to Atletico Madrid on the cards.

    Spanish outlet El Chiringuito are reporting that Alonso will move to the Spanish capital on a six month deal, with the Blues paying 50 percent of his wages.

    Alonso has not featured for the Blues since being hooked at half time in the 3-3 draw with West Brom in September, with his Stamford Bridge career seemingly coming to an end.

    The report states Alonso will fly out to Spain later this week to get the deal done.

    Credit: Eddie Keogh Telegraph Media Group
  • Giacomo Pisa

    GEOR DROPPING

    Georginio Wijnaldum has reportedly asked Liverpool for more time before deciding on his future amid interest from Barcelona.

    The Guardian claim the midfielder was offered fresh terms at the start of December and Jurgen Klopp wants to see him stay.

    Yet Wijnaldum is out of contract at the end of the season and is free to discuss a pre-contract agreement with clubs abroad in January.

    The report adds that the 30-year-old has promised Liverpool he will let the club know first should he decide that his future lies elsewhere.

    Barcelona are known to be big fans of the Netherlands international with his former manager Ronald Koeman keen on a reunion at the Nou Camp, but SunSport previously reported that Inter Milan had also joined the LaLiga giants in the race to land Wijnaldum.

    Credit: AFP
  • Giacomo Pisa

    LONGSTAFF LOAN

    Newcastle midfielder Matty Longstaff could be heading out on loan when the January transfer window opens.

    Nottingham Forest and Derby are two of the favourites to snap up 20-year-old Longstaff, with a number of other Championship clubs also interested.

    Longstaff is eager to get more minutes under his belt, with his only start so far this season coming in the Boxing Day defeat to Manchester City.

Source: Read Full Article