UFC kicks off 2021 with a bang as Conor McGregor returns to the Octagon to headline UFC 257 on Fight Island.
In his way is the American Dustin Poirer, also 32, in a rematch of their 2014 clash which McGregor won by first round TKO at UFC 178.
When is UFC 257 – McGregor vs Poirier?
- UFC 257 will take place on Saturday, January 23 2021.
- Expect the main event of McGregor vs Poirier at around 5am GMT.
- The early prelims start from 11.30pm GMT, the prelims 1am and then the main card from 3am.
- The brand new Etihad Arena on Fight Island plays host – with socially-distanced fans in attendance.
CONOR MCGREGOR BETTING OFFER: 50/1 FOR FIRST ROUND VICTORY New William Hill customers | Mobile only | 18+| UK and Ireland |T&Cs
What TV channel is McGregor vs Poirier on and can I live stream it?
- UFC 257 will be broadcast live on BT Sport Box Office in the UK.
- The event price has been confirmed as £19.95 through BT Sport Box Office.
- In the US, the event will be live on ESPN+.
McGregor vs Poirier 1 fight replay
What is the UFC 257 full card and prelims?
Michael Chandler's big UFC debut is the co-main on the main card as the ex-Bellator sensation faces Dan Hooker.
- Dustin Poirier vs Conor McGregor (main event – lightweight)
- Dan Hooker vs Michael Chandler (co-man – lightweight)
- Jessica Eye vs Joanne Calderwood (women's flyweight)
- Matt Frevola vs Ottman Azaitar (lightweight)
- Marina Rodriguez vs Amanda Ribas (women's strawweight)
- Nasrat Haqparast vs Arman Tsarukyan (lightweight)
- Khalil Rountree Jr vs Marcin Prachnio (light heavyweight)
- Julianna Pena vs Sara McMann (women's Bantamweight)
- Brad Tavares vs Antonio Carlos Junior (middleweight)
- Andrew Sanchez vs Makhmud Muradov (middleweight)
- Movsar Evloev vs Nik Lentz (catchweight – 150 lb)
- Amir Albazi vs Zhalgas Zhumagulov (flyweight)
What have they said?
McGregor: "Back on the horse! Time zone adjusting. Weight scale calculating. Fail to prepare, prepare to fail. No chance! I am preparing a masterpiece!"
Poirier: "I feel like Khabib’s a guy of his word. If he says he’s retired, he’s most likely retired.
"Number two is Gaethje, I got a win over him. I feel like me and Conor could potentially be for the belt.
“I’m a former interim champion looking to get some gold back around my waist.
“Conor is a former undisputed world champion in the lightweight division.
"Both of our last defeats were to the current/’retired’ world champion. So I don’t know.”
Colby Covington, former team-mate of Poirier's: "All I gotta say guys is make sure you guys got the Kleenex ready at the press conference.
“Cause you know Dustin Sore-ier is going to break down on the mic.
“He’s gonna cry to the world, get everyone to feel sympathy and feel bad for him. He’s going to get sparked again in the first round ’cause he’s completely washed up and has no chin anymore and no heart.
"It’s not going to be competitive. I think Conor’s just going to spark him in the first round."
Source: Read Full Article