Geraldine Laybourne, Cicely Tyson and Jay Sandrich round out 25th Hall class
Disney CEO Bob Iger will be among the five honorees inducted into the Television Academy’s 25th Hall of Fame class next month.
The Hall of Fame honors those who have made outstanding contributions in the arts, sciences or management of television over a lifetime career or via singular achievements. The ceremony and red carpet arrivals will take place on Tuesday, Jan. 28, 2020, at the Television Academy’s Saban Media Center.
“These contemporary performers, content creators and executives have been pioneers and innovators in so many aspects of television; and they have had a profound impact on their art and on our culture,” Frank Scherma, chairman and CEO of the Television Academy, said. “It’s an honor to welcome this distinguished group of individuals into the Hall of Fame and to acknowledge their remarkable contributions, which continue to shape our industry.”
Here’s the complete list of honorees:
- Bob Iger – Chairman and CEO, The Walt Disney Company
The steward of one of the world’s largest media companies and some of the most respected and beloved brands around the globe, Bob Iger has built on Disney’s rich history of storytelling and innovation since becoming CEO in 2005 by acquiring Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm and 21st Century Fox. Always one to embrace new technology, Iger has orchestrated an ambitious direct-to-consumer strategy that leverages Disney’s unparalleled creative content across new platforms, including the new Disney+ streaming service, ESPN+, Hulu and Hotstar.
- Geraldine Laybourne – As a groundbreaking female executive and entrepreneur, Laybourne led the team that created Nickelodeon and co-founded Oxygen Media.
- Seth MacFarlane – The five-time Emmy®-winning performer has built an extensive career that includes accolades as a writer, director, producer, animator, actor, singer and comedian.
- Jay Sandrich – The five-time Emmy winner directed classic, beloved comedy series including: The Mary Tyler Moore Show, Soap, Benson, The Cosby Show, The Golden Girls and more.
- Cicely Tyson – Honored with three Emmys and multiple Emmy nominations, Tyson’s acting career has spanned more than six decades.
Source: Read Full Article