I’m A Celeb crisis as AJ Pritchard ‘tests positive for Covid’ days before launch

Former Strictly Come Dancing professional dancer AJ Pritchard is said to have contracted Covid-19, just days before he is due to take part in I'm A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! 2020.

According to unconfirmed reports, AJ, who is the brother of Love Island star Curtis Pritchard, was set to net £50,000 for his time on the show.

It's unknown if he will continue to take part if he tests negative at a future date.

A source said: “This is the last thing anyone wanted.

“It has been a shock to AJ as he’s been feeling fine and following the precautions.

“Everyone is on tenterhooks. Like the other contestants AJ had a routine Covid test, which came back positive.

“He will have another one before going in."

The insider added to The Sun: "“The ITV production team have gone to incredible lengths all year to make sure everything is carried out safely and with as minimal risk to the cast and crew as possible.

“There is little room for error. If several stars are struck down, particularly one of the older ones, then it would throw the whole show into jeopardy and be very problematic.”

A rep for AJ Pritchard has been contacted by Daily Star Online for comment.

Speaking last month, ITV Studios entertainment director Richard Cowles revealed just how far producers have gone to make sure the upcoming series is Covid safe.

Cowles said: "On a Covid level, everyone’s got proximity monitors on them so basically they can’t come within two metres of each other without it buzzing and flashing and reminding them to step away."

  • Katie Price 'full systems go' to get Harvey's law through parliament after vile blackface trolling

He added: "The key thing is we create the safest possible workplace for crew, cast and our hosts."

I'm A Celeb 2020 is due to kick off on Sunday November 15.

For the first time ever the show will come live from Wales after the ongoing coronavirus pandemic put an end to the usual Australian jungle location.

Instead, Gwrych Castle in Wales will be the main camp.

Ant and Dec will return to host the show as usual.

Over the past few weeks the I'm A Celeb production company have been spotted revamping the derelict castle to make it safe for the contestants.

While a roof has been added for sleeping quarters, one large area has been kept open-air for camp fires.

As with the usual set-up, BushTucker trials will take place away from the main camp.

I'm A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! kicks off Sunday, November 15

  • AJ Pritchard
  • Im A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here

Source: Read Full Article