Beverley Callard has revealed Liz McDonald may not get a Coronation Street exit after all.
The soap confirmed that the character left earlier this year, as it was referenced by her son Steve (Simon Gregson) that his mum has upped and moved to Spain.
Beverley previously announced that she was leaving the show and was expected to film a dramatic exit storyline that would see her make a damaging decision, however, the actress was unable to film the scenes due to the coronavirus pandemic – and it looks like she might never be able to shoot them.
Speaking to Metro.co.uk ahead of her stint in the I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! castle, Beverley said: ‘I think they are maybe planning that [an exit storyline] but at this point in time, I just don’t know.
‘I should have been on stage now and then I should have gone straight into panto, which is another reason I said yes to this [I’m A Celebrity]. Covid has made everybody’s world turn upside down.’
She continued: ‘I had two years of work lined up after I left Coronation Street being paranoid and an insecure actor. We’ll just have to wait and see what happens really, I just don’t know.’
Beverley shared that she’s received a number of tips from her Coronation Street co-stars Andy Whyment and Jennie McAlpline as she braces herself for I’m A Celebrity.
‘Everybody who has been connected to the show has said the worst thing is you get so tired because you’re so hungry,’ she added.
‘I did think about smuggling in some items of food in but I don’t break the rules that much.’
I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! begins Sunday at 9pm on ITV.
Source: Read Full Article