SUGABABES Keisha Buchanan has confirmed the band is back together and will make their epic comeback at Glastonbury festival.
It comes after their 20th anniversary reunion was postponed after Covid delays.
Sugababes, one of Britain's biggest girlbands of all time, are back as their original chart-topping format with Keisha, Mutya Buena and Siobhan Doherty, and will join the star-studded line-up at Glastonbury.
Keisha told The Sun: “This is going to be something special for our fans. We can’t wait.”
The Overload singers will perform on the Avalon stage on June 24 alongside huge names across the weekend at Worthy Farm including Sir Paul McCartney,Diana Ross, Kendrick Lamar, Billie Eilish, Doja Cat and Megan McKenna.
They have already thrown themselves into action and are deep in rehearsals, and fans couldn't be happier.
Read more on Sugababes
Sugababes’ fans shocked as Keisha reveals she wasbranded bully and replaced
Mutya Buena confirms Sugababes’ original members are recording new music
They flocked to Instagram to comment.
One wrote: "Everyone is so ready."
Another said: "OMG Sugababes are back."
A third said: "Incredible."
The Sun revealed their plans to reunite for their 20th anniversary had been scrapped after the pandemic scuppered their chances to get in the studio or perform.
Most read in Showbiz
Jason Sudeikis SPLITS with Page 3 model Keeley Hazell over hectic schedules
Katie Price looks slimmer than ever in a skintight catsuit
David Bowie guitarist Ricky Gardiner dead at 73 as Iggy Pop leads tributes
THREE bombshell claims in Wagatha showdown as Wayne takes aim at Jamie
Original members Mutya Buena, Keisha Buchanan and Siobhan Donaghy had been due to launch a comeback last year.
But the girls have now decided to do their own thing after their anniversary passed without them able to get together.
Keisha has now moved to Canada, where she is pursuing an acting career, while Mutya is working on a solo EP.
Siobhan was also reluctant to get into the studio with the girls after restrictions eased last year because she was extra cautious of Covid-19 due to her young son. During an Instagram Live at the weekend, Keisha admitted: “We had so many plans for last year.
“2020 was our anniversary year, we built it up to do so many things but it didn’t happen, so we have to restructure.
“We just have to be motivated to do it and passionate about it and once we are actually in the studio it flows really easily for us.
Read More on The Sun
My hubby was a laughing stock for his ‘Peenie Boy’ manhood like Peter Andre
I’m a relationship expert…TV shows that spell disaster for your romance
“But it’s about getting us all on the same page on the same date and the pandemic makes it really tricky.
“It just has to be organic and be on the same page as far as our schedules are concerned.”
Source: Read Full Article