BATMAN fans around the world are rejoicing as they have finally been given a sneak peek of the caped crusader.
The trailer for the movie was released on August 22 and it included snippets of Robert Pattinson as the new Batman.
When will The Batman be released?
The brand new Batman movie was expected to hit theatres in the summer of 2021 however production of the filmed has been halted since March 26 due to the pandemic.
The new release date is set for October 1, 2021.
What is the plot for The Batman?
Very little is known about the plot of The Batman but rumours have it that it will follow the Long Halloween comic books.
However, the film is reported to be set in the 90s, early on in Bruce Wayne's costumed career.
This could indicate that R-Patz is playing a younger version of Ben Affleck's Batman.
Batman v Superman established that the Waynes were murdered in 1981, meaning Bruce would have first suited up as Batman in the early or mid-90s.
Who's in the cast of The Batman?
The film, of course, has a star cast, here's who we know so far:
- Robert Pattinson as Bruce Wayne/Batman – A billionaire socialite and heir of Wayne Enterprises who dedicates himself to protecting Gotham City from its criminal underworld as a highly trained, masked vigilante.
- Zoë Kravitz as Selina Kyle/Catwoman – Zoe, who previously voiced the character in The Lego Batman Movie (2017), was chosen over a number of actresses. Zoe says she is drawing inspiration from Michelle Pfeiffer, who portrayed the character in Batman Returns (1992).
- Jeffrey Wright as James Gordon – The Gotham City Police Department commissioner and an ally of Batman is played by the former Westworld star.
- Andy Serkis as Alfred Pennyworth – Jeremy Irons portrayed the character in previous DCEU films but now Lord of the Rings star Andy is taking over.
- Colin Farrell as Oswald "Oz" Cobblepot /Penguin – Danny DeVito played the role in Batman Returns.
Source: Read Full Article