The season 2 finale of The Umbrella Academy teased the arrival of a new superhero family. With production on the third season all set to begin, Netflix announced new additions to the cast. So, here’s a look at who will be playing the heroes of The Sparrow Academy.
‘The Umbrella Academy’ heroes aren’t alone anymore
At the end of season 2, the Hargreeve siblings traveled back to the future only to find their childhood home occupied by another superhero family. In this altered timeline, their father, Sir Reginald Hargreeves, is still alive and well.
But he has recruited and trained a completely different group of siblings that call themselves The Sparrow Academy. According to The Umbrella Academy writer Gerard Way, the upcoming story may explore a timeline in which Hargreeves picked a different set of children.
“[It] deals with a very big reveal in The Umbrella Academy universe, something that had been secret for a long time, and our siblings learn a lot about what was happening behind the scenes, as well as discovering the true nature of some characters that have been with them since the beginning,” Way told Forbes. “The series finally starts to answer the question: ‘What about the other babies born on that day, in that moment?’ The Umbrella Academy siblings are not alone in the world anymore.”
Justin H. Min will return as a Sparrow
Fans got to see much more of Ghost Ben (Justin H. Min) in season 2 of The Umbrella Academy. And in the finale, they found another living version of Ben heading the Sparrow Academy. So when the show returns for season 3, Justin H. Min will return to play two versions of his character.
“From his appearance to the scar on his face to his hair, we wanted Sparrow Academy Ben to feel completely different from Ghost Ben,” Min said in an interview with Collider. “I even grew out what I could of my incredible mustache, so he could seem a bit rougher. We had about 20 iterations of that hair that we were experimenting with.”
Netflix reveals ‘The Umbrella Academy’ season 3 casting additions
In the season 2 finale of The Umbrella Academy, fans saw a shadowy silhouette of the Sparrow Academy members. But in a new casting announcement, Netflix revealed the actors taking on the Hargreeve children in this alternate timeline. Along with Min as Ben, aka Sparrow #2, the additional cast includes:
- Justin Cornwell as Marcus aka Sparrow #1, a “charming, chiseled, colossus” who keeps the family together and “oozes confidence and leadership without ever having to raise his voice.”
- Britne Oldford as Fei aka Sparrow #3, a “misanthrope” who is the “smartest person in the room and willing to work things out.”
- Jake Epstein as Alphonso aka Sparrow #4, a physically scarred hero with a “biting sense of humor” who likes “verbally battering anyone foolish enough to get in his face” along with “a good pizza and a six-pack of beer.”
- Genesis Rodriguez as Sloane aka Sparrow #5, “a romantic and a dreamer who feels a higher cosmic calling leaving her eager to see the world and experience a life beyond her upbringing.”
- Cazzie David as Jayme aka Sparrow #6, “a loner hidden under a hoodie” who is “smart and sharp as a knife” and “spends most of her time hanging with Alphonso, her only friend.”
- Dread-Inducing Psykronium Cube as Christopher aka Sparrow #7, “a telekinetic cube of unknown origin” that can “turn the room freezing cold and induce paralyzing fear” and “acts as the Sparrows’ consulted oracle who hands out incredible advice and serves as the family mediator.”
Source: Read Full Article