FOLLOWING the news that Eamonn Holmes is set to leave This Morning after 15 years, fans have hit out at the show and insisted he was 'badly treated'.
It's been reported that the 61-year-old will swap the ITV show for GB News – causing his supporters to share their strong opinions on social media.
One wrote: "I don't blame him, the way This Morning treated him and Ruth was very bad. Look forward to watching him on GB news."
Someone else agreed, saying: "Eamonn Holmes leaves #thismorning no surprise there – ITV have treated him and Ruth badly by dropping them from Friday slot – Holmes moving to #GBnews to have his own show – pleased for him!"
A third viewer said: "I'm not surprised – a very experienced journalist pushed out."
And, after Eamonn and his wife Ruth Langsford were sensationally dropped from their regular Friday slot and replaced with Dermot O'Leary and Alison Hammond, another said: "They were treated badly. I don't watch on a Friday anymore."
Ruth, 61, and Eamonn were demoted to covering main presenters Phillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby during the school holidays in January in a move that left many viewers frustrated.
Now it's thought that Eamonn will front his own show several times a week on GB News.
A source told the Mirror: "Eamonn’s move to GB News marks the end of an era. He’ll be missed by many ITV viewers but, the truth is, this job offer probably came at just the right moment for both him and ITV. All good things come to an end."
Eamonn previously opened up about his fears of losing his job for saying something offensive, confessing it was a constant worry.
He said: "It’s a minefield, it’s a total worry all the time. I don’t wake up in the morning and say, ‘I’m going to say something offensive to somebody’.
“I know I’m the most tolerant, caring, open-minded person but that doesn’t stop me saying that something is wrong or right, or having a joke.
“But there are people who wake up wanting to be offended and they literally want you sacked."
Source: Read Full Article