EuroMillions winner Colin Weir threw '£1million lobster and champagne party' at Trump Turnberry for pals after death

EUROMILLIONS winner Colin Weir reportedly organised a £1million party at luxury Trump Turnberry for his pals to attend after his death.

The footie-mad 72-year-old organised a party from beyond the grave for his pals which included lobster and champagne at £340-a-bottle during the private function.

The lifelong Partick Thistle supporter, 72, passed away on December 27, just weeks after completing a takeover of the Glasgow football club.

Now it's understood that he had organised the five-star send-off at the luxury Ayrshire resort as a final gift for close friends and supporters, according to the Daily Record.

A close pal said: “Colin was certain before he died that he wanted to give his pals a great party to remember him by.

“So he booked out one of the biggest rooms at Trump Turnberry hotel and treated all of his friends to the biggest and grandest party any of us had ever seen.

"It was amazing.”

Last month Weir had punched the air in joy at becoming owner of his beloved Partick Thistle.

Thistle gaffer Ian McCall, stars including Kenny Miller, ex-players Alan Rough and Gerry Britton, and former boss Gary Caldwell joined his loved ones at a service before the dad of two was cremated.

The cortege stopped outside the Championship side’s Firhill Stadium in Maryhill, where Jags chief exec Britton laid a wreath and staff and fans applauded.

A banner read: “Colin Weir, One of Our Own.”

Supporter Trevor Hardcastle, 59, said: “He was the club’s saviour and a lovely man.”

Alex Napier, 61, added: “It’s a tribute to be here.”

Ex-TV cameraman Colin and wife Chris, 62, of Largs, Ayrshire, became Britain’s biggest Lotto winners when they scooped the £161million EuroMillions jackpot in 2011.

They divorced last year after a 38-year marriage and had two children together.

He passed away on December 27, just weeks after completing a takeover of the Glasgow club and promising to gift his 55 per cent shareholding to a fan group by March.

And we revealed that he died from acute kidney injury and probably sepsis.

The dad-of-two’s death certificate showed the blood disease likely contributed to his sudden passing in December.

The document, signed by Jacqui Low, also revealed his secondary cause of death was lung condition chronic obstructive pulmonary disease — that causes breathing difficulties.

Source: Read Full Article