Family told to ‘put son in the kitchen’ after mould in bedroom made him sick

A family have been left "disgusted" after they were claim they were told to put their toddler to sleep in the kitchen after constant leaks in their bedroom left them all with chest infections.

Mother Justine Dyer, 33, of Hertfordshire, claims that her family were forced to live in a wet bedroom for years – in the property located on Northgate Path, Borehamwood.

She lived with her partner Aaron Peck, 26, and their son Logan, 2, whom she says had fallen ill numerous times due to the thick layers of mould that had grown in their room.

The mother-of-one said they were left with no choice but to flee their family home after their ceiling started to "fall down" and the situation started to take its toll on her mental health.

Justine claims that she has been battling with mould since 2017 and said that her housing association, Clarion Housing Group, constantly ignored her complaints.

Speaking to Daily Star, the worried mother-of-one said: "Every time there was a downpour of rain it constantly leaked into my bedroom.

  • Couple raise newborn and toddler on old bendy bus they bought on Gumtree

" [ We ] are constantly suffering from chest infections and my partner was also diagnosed with pleurisy.

"I had to decorate my property four times and had gone through furniture due to it being damaged by the mould in the property.

"I was told to live out of the front room and if there was no space then to put my son in the kitchen."

  • Pontin's horror for dad who made shock find inside sofa bed daughter was sleeping on

She added: "Last year November, I had no electricity for 24 hours due to being told by Clarion that I shouldn’t touch the electrics as it kept tripping out.

"Sparks came down from the front room ceiling light fixture," she added.

"The issues were ongoing and the damages [ had become ] worse with the ceiling falling down.

"I didn't deem the property safe and shouldn’t have had to live and pay for these living conditions."

  • EuroMillions winner says 'wife has already spent it all' after scooping £1m jackpot

Justine and her family have been forced to cram into a room in her mother's house until they find a more suitable option.

"I just find it disgusting how they can put a family through this and expect to pay for a disrepair property," she added.

"We have lost our family home. All of our belongings are in a storage container.

" I feel so upset that no one was willing to help me to resolve the issue and that the only way to keep myself and my family safe was to leave the property."

Clarion Housing Group have been contacted for comment.

Are you currently trapped in appalling living conditions? Contact us at [email protected]

Never want to miss a story like this? You can get all of Daily Star's articles sent directly to your inbox! Sign up in seconds here!

Source: Read Full Article