Pub landlord plagued by people romping, fighting and defecating outside boozer

A pub landlord is fed up with people having sex, fighting and pooing outside his boozer.

Dan Hazelgrove lives above The Angel Inn in Leeds and has found himself woken up at night by noisy lovers and foul-mouthed yobs.

Sick of the anti-social disturbances, Dan is fighting to get the area gated off after dark to end the misery also experienced by his 15 and 16-year-old children.

The Angel Inn is based in the ‘loins’ of the city centre made up of passageways and yards between shops and bars.

Dan, 43, who has been running the Sam Smith’s boozer for 19 years, said: “I’ve seen people having sex outside my bedroom window and people having a fight at 11am. I’ve had a false leg left in the pub before and someone come back for it.

“The problem with these loins of Leeds, they should be gated off on a night-time but Leeds City Council won’t entertain it because they feel it’s a public thoroughfare.

"But people that come up these yards on an evening, after close, come and do some things illegal or wrong.

"I’ve spoken to them about it previously but now with everything that’s going on with the homeless people, it needs a little bit more [action].”

The 43-year-old added he’s had issues with homeless people sleeping in the pub garden and “making a mess and using it as a public toilet”.

  • Prince Harry's ex Cressida Bonas bagged invite to royal christening as Meghan snubbed

Charlie Mallinson-Brown, fellow landlord of the Pack Horse pub, supported Dan's comments.

She said: "I have the same issues [as Dan]. Every day we are having to get the rangers in to clean everything up.

"We've had issues with excrement and people passing water. There's also needles and packets, it is just dreadful, it's really tiring.

"When everyone is closed, it becomes a dumping ground."

A spokesperson for Leeds City Council said: “We are sorry to hear of the alarm and distress caused by the behaviour reported in the loins near the Angel Inn.

For more shocking stories from the Daily Star, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here

"There is a legal process the council has to follow to alter public rights of way and we would welcome contact from Mr Hazelgrove and anyone else affected about this.

"If there are any criminal offences being committed then this should be reported to the Police via 101 or 999 if it is an emergency.”

West Yorkshire Police Inspector Jon McNiff, who heads the City Neighbourhood Policing Team, said: “We have regular contact with licensees and businesses in the city centre’s night-time economy, and work closely with them alongside our partner agencies to tackle crime and anti-social behaviour.

“We target our patrols and problem-solving activities at any identified hotspots, and always encourage businesses and residents to report any issues so we can focus our resources where they are needed most."

Source: Read Full Article