Suspect in shooting of 'MAGA martyr Jay Bishop' bragged about being '100% ANTIFA' and 'took a loaded gun to protests'

THE man suspected of shooting "MAGA martyr Jay Bishop" bragged about being "100 percent ANTIFA" and allegedly took a loaded gun to protests.

Michael Forest Reinoehl, 48, is being investigated after a right-wing protester was gunned down on Saturday night in Portland, Oregon, according to the Oregonian.

The suspect was named by local media one day after Aaron "Jay" Danielson – who is also understood to have used the name Jay Bishop – was fatally shot.

The shooting took place at approximately 8.45pm on Sunday, as supporters of President Donald Trump clashed with Black Lives Matter protesters in Portland.

The night marked the ninety-fifth day of demonstrations in the city following the death of George Floyd.

The Oregonian named Reinoehl, a self-described anti-fascist, as a suspect in the shooting.

Reinoehl has shared photos and video of demonstrations he participated in on social media.

Along with his posts, the alleged shooter wrote: "#blacklivesmatter, #a newnation and #breonnataylor."

Earlier this year, Reinoehl reportedly wrote to Facebook: "I am 100% ANTIFA all the way!

"I am willing to fight for my brothers and sisters!"

Footage of a burning "Trump 2020" flag was also shared to his page this summer.

In July, Reinoehl was accused of possessing a loaded firearm in a public place – at a downtown Portland protest – resisting arrest, and interfering with police, according to the Oregonian.

However, the allegations were dropped later that month and he was not sent to jail.

The Multnomah County District Attorney is still reviewing that case.

Other incidents have led Reinoehl to face other charges, including unlawful possession of a gun after he was found with a loaded Glock pistol.

Police found Reinoehl without a concealed handgun license when he was stopped with his 11-year-old daughter in the passenger seat.

Disturbing footage recorded on Saturday night captured an unidentified man shooting and killing Jay.

According to the news outlet, sources revealed Reinoehl is being investigated for the August 29 shooting and a family member identified him as the suspect who caught on video leavin the crime scene.

Reinoehl's 36-year-old sister said her brother has not been close with his immediate family for years.

"On the one hand, this whole thing surprises the daylights out of us, because we always thought he is a lot of bark, not a lot of bite," she told the Oregonian.

“But he’s also been very impulsive and irrational.”

Portland police are investigating Sunday's shooting as a homicide.

After the shooting, Jay was pictured lying on the ground wearing a Patriot Prayer cap and a Blue Lives Matter patch on his pants. 

The leader of far-right group Patriot Prayer Joey Gibson has claimed Jay was a “good friend” and a Blue Lives Matter supporter.

Gibson said Jay had a "huge heart" in a Facebook post he wrote Sunday afternoon.

"We love Jay and he had such a huge heart," he wrote. "God bless him and the life he lived."

Source: Read Full Article