A teenage boy who already had a conviction for sexually abusing a young girl raped a 13-year-old in woodland and then sent her threats on Instagram.
Shaun Bennett, then aged 15, raped the schoolgirl just weeks after meeting her online before subjecting her to a second sex attack.
Following an appearance at Liverpool Crown Court, Bennett, now 18, faces sentencing for rape, sexual assault and assault by penetration, reports the Liverpool Echo.
His brave victim – who was accompanied by her mum and dad – burst into tears when details of her harrowing ordeal were outlined in court.
Bennett, formerly of Wallasey but now of Wavertree, started talking to the girl on social media in 2019.
Ben Jones, prosecuting, said the girl went out with friends one night before she met up with Bennett and headed to parkland. Mr Jones said Bennett took her into secluded woods, where he pushed her against a wall and tried to pull her pants down.
She he said "No" and told him "I'm not ready", but he replied: "Come on you d**** little c***, don't you trust me?"
The court heard she tried to "blank" him, but he shouted at her and she couldn't push him off as he raped her.
Days later, the victim met Bennett again. She thought her friend would also be there, but it was only Bennett who turned up and he took her to the parkland again, where he sexually assaulted her.
Mr Jones said he asked her for sex. When she refused, he became abusive and was "shouting in her face", but this time he let her go and she walked home.
The court heard that a few days later, staff at the girl's school were concerned about her. After she spoke to a school counsellor, the police were alerted.
Although Bennett was linked to the rape by his DNA, in interview he denied any sexual contact with the victim.
He answered "No comment" in a second interview, after forensic and medical evidence was put to him.
A week before Bennett was due to stand trial in September – four days before his 18th birthday – he pleaded guilty to the charges.
In a victim statement, the girl said she was now scared about going out and scared of boys.
She said after she went to the police Bennett threatened her on Instagram and said he was going to hurt her.
The girl is now self-conscious about her body, because "he made me feel disgusting and horrible", and she won't wear clothes that reveal her skin.
Bennett’s previous conviction was in June 2018 for sexual activity with a child under 13.
In June 2019, he was handed a youth rehabilitation order with a curfew for common assault, battery and possession of a bladed article.
Andrew McInnes, in mitigation, said the author of a pre-sentence report from Wirral Youth Offending Service had been involved with Bennett for seven years. He said Bennett had limited contact with his dad, some contact with one set of grandparents, and no contact with his mum – none of whom was in court.
Mr McInnes said Bennett had difficulty communicating and "complex vulnerabilities", having been physically and psychologically abused as a child. He said Bennett knew he would be locked up and asked the judge to impose a sentence which allowed "some light at the end of the tunnel".
Recorder Ian Unsworth, QC, said he needed time to consider the content of a psychiatric report and other material about Bennett's background. He adjourned sentence until Thursday and remanded Bennett in custody.
Source: Read Full Article