Woman who ran topless through Windsor during Prince Philip’s funeral charged

A woman who allegedly screamed “save the planet” as she ran topless through Windsor during Prince Philip’s funeral has been charged with harassment.

Marissa Scott, 55, was arrested by officers outside Windsor Castle on Saturday, April 17.

Footage recorded at the scene showed the half-naked woman being led away by police.

The incident took place just a few hundred yards away from the Duke of Edinburgh’s funeral procession.

On Sunday, April 18, a spokesman for Thames Valley Police said: “A woman has been charged in connection with an incident of public order at the funeral of His Royal Highness the Duke of Edinburgh Prince Philip yesterday.

“Marissa Scott, aged 55 years, of Merstham, Surrey, was charged this morning with one count of causing harassment, alarm or distress under the Public Order.

“The charge relates to an incident just after 3pm near to Windsor Castle.

“Scott will appear before Slough Magistrates' Court on June 10.”

Senior royals gathered to pay their respects to Philip during the service as the nation looked on.

Prince Harry, Prince William and Kate Middleton even had a moment to catch up after the service.

As his coffin was taken towards St George’s Chapel in Windsor Castle, the brothers walked behind it but were separated by their cousin Peter Phillips.

During the ceremony, they also sat opposite each other.

However, once it had ended Harry walked up towards the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and started chatting with them.

At one point, Kate moved away to give the brothers some room.

Royal commentator Victoria Arbiter claimed: "There were cars waiting to transport the royals back to the castle but they chose to walk as a family.

"Having been separated in the Chapel they’re now able to come together which will be a comfort to the Queen."

Meghan Markle penned a moving tribute to the late Duke of Edinburgh from across the Atlantic – after not being able to travel back to the UK during her pregnancy.

The Duchess of Cambridge was unable to make the 6,000-mile trip from Montecito to London to attend the funeral, but left a handwritten note on a wreath Harry brought to St George's Chapel.

Source: Read Full Article