World War 3: China issues grim warning to Indian forces – ‘Ready to strike!’

We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. Please see our Privacy Notice for details of your data protection rights.

The Global Times, China’s chief state media outlet, issued a statement claiming the PLA are prepared to strike against Indian troops. It comes after months of tensions between China and India stemming from a lethal border dispute on June 15. Chinese and Indian forces clashed in the Galwan Valley in Ladakh, leading to the deaths of 20 Indian soldiers.

Hu Xijin, editor-in-chief of the Global Times, posted a warning to India on Twitter claiming the PLA was “ready to strike a heavy blow to Indian troops”.

The editor also shared a video of PLA troops in a military exercise, before detailing increased Chinese military drills.

He said: “PLA is training attacking tanks in Tibet region. Yes, it targets China-India border situation.

“China hopes the five-point consensus reached between the two foreign ministers can be implemented, but is ready to strike a heavy blow to Indian troops if they refuse to implement it.”

It comes after China and India have sought a diplomatic solution to the border dispute.

Last week, the two countries agreed on a five-point consensus to resolve the border dispute in Ladakh.

They agreed to “quickly disengage” troops, avoid action that could lead to escalation in tensions and to undertake measures to restore “peace and tranquillity” along the Line of Actual Control.

The agreement was brokered by External Affairs Minister Subrahmanyam Jaishankar and Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi in Moscow, Russia.

  

Despite the five-point accord, India and China have still been ramping up their military drills in preparation for a potential conflict.

On Saturday, Beijing was believed to have “kidnapped” five Indian men in the Himalayas.

Mr Hu said at the time: “Based on what I know, five Indian intelligence members disguised themselves as hunters and crossed the LAC into the Shannan prefecture of China’s Tibet to pry intelligence.

“They were detained by the Chinese side and received warning and education. They will soon be released.”

It is unknown whether the men have been released as of publication.

DON’T MISS 

WW3 warning: Chinese and Indian troops violently clash at the border [SHOCK]
China India war: Beijing sends more troops to disputed LAC [REVEAL]
World War 3: China sends ‘aggressive’ orders to India [CONFLICT]

On September 8, both India and China accused each other of firing gunshots across the Himalayan border.

Beijing’s defence ministry accused India of “severe military provocation”, saying soldiers crossed the LAC and “opened fire to threaten the Chinese border defence patrol officers”.

But New Dehli strongly denied China’s accusations, and accused Beijing’s border forces of “blatantly violating agreements” and firing “a few rounds in the air”

No shots were fired across the border between China and India since 1975.

India is also concerned by Pakistan’s recent massive military boost, believing they are intending to support their “iron brother” China.

Pakistan, a long standing ally of China, has violated ceasefire agreements with neighbouring India by ramping up their military forces.

India’s parliament claimed 242 “cross-border firing” incidents have taken place along the boundary of Jammu and Kashmir from January to August, and has claimed 3,186 ceasefire violations from Pakistan across the same period

The ceasefire violations break all annual records of the incidents over the past 17 years.

Source: Read Full Article